Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Today is a Very Important Day...

You newbies may be thinking:

You: An important day? You mean the election right?

No, my friends. Today is important* because today was the release day of Laini Taylor's novel Days of Blood and Starlight, the sequel to Daughter of Smoke and Bone!


Just look at that beauty! If books were edible, am I right?
Just for fun, let's see the two of them together, shall we?



Gah, so gorgeous. I can't take it!

For those of you who don't know this series, it's about a girl named Karou whose life is far from ordinary. Besides having naturally blue hair, the ability to speak in a dozen languages, and a pair of tattoos on her hands that she's had since she could remember, Karou's family is not exactly human. She's never questioned their place in her life, though she does wonder where she comes from. These questions, as well as plenty new ones, are brought to the forefront when her life begins to turn upside down. That's all you get until you read the first book. 

So anyway, this post is just my general excitement that this sequel is out, and how I can't wait to get my hands on it. Laini Taylor's writing is superb. Every description and dialogue, fight scene or inner conflict is so detailed and colorful in my mind. I'd love to get a hold of her other work as well.

So don't forget to vote, but definitely remember to pick up a copy of Days of Blood and Starlight!

*Don't mistake this joking nonchalance as seriousness. Of course I realize that the election is very important, but aren't you tired of hearing about it? I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment